Sunday, August 26, 2012

The Quiet After the Storm

    The Quiet After The Storm: The Day After STG Class #1


When I discovered that a certain level of computer proficiency would be crucial for success in this course, I felt an emotion I hadn't felt since my first years as an eigth grade social studies teacher-ANXIETY!

I'm pretty much a toddler to most forms of technology.  I have never minded paper, books, pens and pencils.  I've preferred these methods of communication over all things IT for most of my adult life.  But as a toddler is fascinated by ALL things new, I am now developing the same sort of enthusiasm for technology and I am eager to learn how it can be utilized in my own teacher development.

It's not easy to teach a dinosaur new tricks (I imagine), but this tyrannosaurus is going Tech! 

4 comments:

  1. Remember how the leopard changed it's spots? You're only a dinosaur if you THINK you're a dinosaur:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think a lot of us are in the same boat . . . er . . . primordial ooze pond?

    Maybe we could put something together for posterity - keep track of what we're going through now, and then make a step-by-step document or FAQ list that might benefit the next group coming in? (That is, unless the tech changes again by then.)

    Small contributions from many of us could make for light work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great idea Andrew. I am noticing a change in my confidence and abilities even at this early stage of the course. Although we may get frustrated at times with our current lack of technical knowledge, growth is inevitable. I'm excited to see this growth.

    ReplyDelete